Fireworks safety isn't an exciting topic of conversation, but it's important if you want to have a blast without unwanted repercussions. At Uncle Norm's Fireworks in Milan, IL and Davenport, IA, we emphasize customer safety around fireworks to prevent injury.
You should always observe local laws when setting off fireworks. Here are some additional fireworks safety guidelines to follow...
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never alter fireworks — use them as directed.
- Never allow young children to play with fireworks.
- Keep a water source nearby in case of a fire.
- Never aim or throw fireworks at any object or person.
- Never shoot off fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- Make sure all fireworks activities are supervised by an adult.
- Never put any part of your body directly over the fireworks.
- Never attempt to relight fireworks that have not ignited fully.
- Light fireworks one at a time and move away quickly once they’re lit.
- Douse used fireworks completely with water before discarding them.
If you’re wondering how to light specific types of fireworks, read the directions printed on the package.
Safety around fireworks should be your top priority. If you're not sure you should be doing something when handling, lighting or extinguishing your fireworks, play it safe - don't do it.
When you need to purchase fireworks in the Quad Cities, come to Uncle Norm's Fireworks in Milan, IL or Davenport, IA.